sub title


ABOUT MY TRAVELS

 GOOD EVENING ... I've been thinking today, as I reminisce about life and past travels, which I do quite often - both reminisce and travel - how the trips and journeys make me feel alive and keep me interested in living.   

Not everybody understands my consistent drive and passion to travel, especially those who haven't been to other countries or are primarily homebodies. Travel for me is not only enjoyable and a learning and research avenue, but has been theraputic many times.

I also believe the basic urge stems from conversations with my father before my first marriage and inbetween all the others that followed ... he would suggest each time that I not marry, that I choose a career where I could travel. He was always saying in our coffee sessions that he wished he could travel more, but mother didnt like to. I think of him on every trip I take, knowing he would love to see and be in the countries and places I visit.  Actually I've felt he's been with me many times, watching over me. Guiding me. 

Even now as I go back and forth with should I or should I not take the extended trip I've been planning since 2019 ... which I began on January 16, 2020 and got as far as England before the pandemic hit and cut the planned year's journey short. However I stayed in England five months before I had to come back because the US was closing up as well as Europe and the UK. No more travel that year  for me or for anybody else. 

So I figured I'd wait it out in Las Vegas till the International travel restrictions lifted and then take off again.  In fact I planned a new itinerary.  But I'd have to give up my new apartment home and put everything in storage again.  I've been here eight months, and now I'm thinking I don't want to do that.  I like my home and it would be hard to replace. 

Also I've been to Europe and the UK almost every year since the mid '90s when my dad passed. And I know Daddy would be proud of me, in fact I used a conversation in my first Rachel O'Neill novel that he and I had about his wish to travel, and for me too. 

So I'm thinking now I'm changing, am slowing up and I'm a little bit tired.  Still I can take shorter vacations, but not months at a time, and not move out of my place. A couple weeks here and there, maybe. Am still hoping to go to Wales in September. 

But you never know with me.  Ha!  I could wake up one morning, super energized, put everything in storage and off I go again!!!  It's in my nature.  My life attests to it.  As you'll see in my next series - "Eight Husbands & Other Lovers".  Coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ... please comment or leave a message.